Being one of the most use money transferring, deposit and withdrawal services, M-Pesa is widely used in Kenya. May it be in urban areas or local you will find M-Pesa shops everywhere. The person who work on these shops are knowns as M-Pesa agents. M-Pesa agents basically offer the services offered by M-Pesa like the withdrawal of cash and depositing.
M-Pesa is very easy to use and Kenyans love it much due to it simplicity. Using M-Pesa you don’t have to have a smartphone. M-Pesa agents are in high demand since unlike banks, the majority of people can use them. Am glad if you currently you don’t have a job or you want to start a side hustle, you can switch to being an M-Pesa agent.
Let me walk you through the process and what you will need:
- Apply and fill in the M-Pesa Agent Store applicaton form.
- Submit the Kenya Police Certificate of good conduct.
- Apply for extra till.
- Fill in the agent additional store application form.
- ubmit all these documents to the Safaricom Shop near you.
- Pay the required registration fee.
- Obtain you M-Pesa agent license.
- Get trained on how to offer M-Pesa services to clients.
Requirements for becoming an M-Pesa Agent in Kenya
Below are some of the requirement you need to fulfil to become an M-Pesa agent in Kenya:
- Own a registered limited company with atleast 3 outlets ready to offer M-Pesa services.
- The business should be active for the last six(6) months.
- Provide certificate of incorporation.
- Submit certified documents to the commissioner of oaths.
- Minimum float of Ksh30000 in your M-Pesa.
- National Identity card.
- Business name.
How Do M-Pesa Agents Make Money?
M-Pesa agents arn money through commission. The M-Pesa agent commission ranges from as low as Ksh 4 to Ksh 200 per transaction, depending on the amount of cash transacted.